Tuesday, April 28, 2009

400 Mondays

400 Mondays are the worst days of the week. All you do is run around the track and try to get the same time ever time.(But we do this 8 times) They usually aren't too bad, but yesterdays was complete torture. After the first one, i could tell that today was going to be a long day. When we got to about the 150 meter mark. My legs were jello and they wouldn't move at all. Then my chest started to hurt from breathing at about the 3rd one and my shoulder was aching. Our coach kept telling us to run it off, but i couldn't give anymore. After the 4th one, we finally got to go and get a drink. While we were inside, my eyelids wouldn't stay up and i couldn't walk very steadily. We came back and did the 5th one, which wasn't very good. The 6th one is where i finally fell apart. I almost started crying when people would talk to me and i felt like i couldn't do 2 more. Amazingly i did, and i almost crying because i was so happy that we were done. These are the workouts that are going to help me to get to state.

1 comment:

  1. I sure admire you guys that actully have to work in track..wish I could have done this...okay maybe not, but I hope you make it to state!

    Mrs. Scott

    ReplyDelete