Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Breaking Rakes

I have broken many things in my short lifetime. Most of the things i have broken are farming equipment that belongs to my father. I'm not a very good raker, but i never quit!:) Here are some stories...
  1. One day i was raking a field at about 2 or 3 in the morning. It was very dark and i couldn't see anything except for the hay ahead of me. So while i was turning around, i didn't realize i was straddling the dike.
  2. Another one is when i was raking some wet hay and my dad was baling behind me. I was doing good that day, but then i tried to fit between the telephone pole and the canal. This didn't work very good and my rake bounced up on the canal. When it came back down one of the rakes was bent in half. My dad was ticked so he told me to go and switch andra rakes. While i was one my way there, i hit my dad's baler with my rakes.
  3. My last experience that i will share is when i was pulling my rakes apart, i accidently forgot to pull my rakes apart the farthest that they could go. I then flung my rakes into each other and got them stuck together. This was really expensive to fix, but its better now.:)

there are many other times that i have broken equipment, but i just won't share them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment